what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

It's gona be ok K.N. LOL Well my daily entry is similar . I charged my Brake/Tailight batteries . And I did a good deed at the food pantry up the street . I gave back .

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.

I did a light sand and final pass of the base colour for my cruiser's replacement tank. After that I tinkered around getting my shop a little more organised. I went over the beast and made sure it's ready for the morning. I usually do a quick lap around the back lane to be sure everything's happy.
Today a group of boarders were set up behind the garage with a ramp and camera, trying to launch themselves at it with a bungie system. They called themselves the LandYachtz (Vancouver) Eh Team. It didn't take much to see if anyone wanted a tow instead. They each had three or four passes at the ramp with my help to get them up to speed. I would shout out when we hit 30 km/h and the boarder would release and hit the ramp, go over the wall and land on the neighbour's driveway, uphill.
If/when the video of it shows up I'll post a link to it.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas

Wasn't my gasbike, but I installed a new crank arm on my dad's mtn bike.

USED BIKE PARTS FTW!

$7 from the LBS. Waay cheaper than $20+shipping from amazon.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

It's gona be ok K.N. LOL Well my daily entry is similar . I charged my Brake/Tailight batteries . And I did a good deed at the food pantry up the street . I gave back .
I'm assuming that K.N. is a reference to my signature. But K.N. is not my username, and my signature is not related to my username in any way. "King Nothing" is a Metallica song that I'm quoting.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas

I'm assuming that K.N. is a reference to my signature. But K.N. is not my username, and my signature is not related to my username in any way. "King Nothing" is a Metallica song that I'm quoting.
Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there's no one around
Just want one thing
Just to play the king
But the castle's crumbled
And you're left with just a name

Where's your crown, King Nothing?
Where's your crown?

;)

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there's no one around
Just want one thing
Just to play the king
But the castle's crumbled
And you're left with just a name

Where's your crown, King Nothing?
Where's your crown?

;)
^^^^^^^ gets it.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

"Enter Sandman" is what I really need to happen............

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Last couple of times I rode, I noticed this weird 'squeak/creaking' noise. Tracked it down to the front wheel. Pulled the front wheel off, and the wheel didn't want to rotate on the axle. I never had been into the hub of this wheel, so I just thought that the factory over-tightened the cones.

Well, just to be safe, I removed everything to make sure there was enough grease on the bearings. As I loosened the cone, one of the ball bearings fell out. Hmmm.....bad bearing, I thought. Turns out that Huffy doesn't use a capture collar for their front ball bearings!! They were just loose in there! I guess I'm off to my LBS in the morning to see if I can fit a regular bearing in this hub............I'm assuming that Huffy saved about 10 cents a bike to omit these parts. I guess that the majority of their bikes don't go far enough for people to find this out.............

Attachments

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

Last couple of times I rode, I noticed this weird 'squeak/creaking' noise. Tracked it down to the front wheel. Pulled the front wheel off, and the wheel didn't want to rotate on the axle. I never had been into the hub of this wheel, so I just thought that the factory over-tightened the cones.

Well, just to be safe, I removed everything to make sure there was enough grease on the bearings. As I loosened the cone, one of the ball bearings fell out. Hmmm.....bad bearing, I thought. Turns out that Huffy doesn't use a capture collar for their front ball bearings!! They were just loose in there! I guess I'm off to my LBS in the morning to see if I can fit a regular bearing in this hub............I'm assuming that Huffy saved about 10 cents a bike to omit these parts. I guess that the majority of their bikes don't go far enough for people to find this out.............

Unless there WAS a collar that got ground up, not having a retainer is not that big an issue. Some very high quality bike hubs use loose ball bearings. (cant remember names but good stuff)
Opinions vary, but I'd just use them as long as there is no damage to the races or cones.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas

Just curious, what is the year of manufacture on your bike? Mine is a 2011 and I haven't been into the front hub yet, but the bike guy at Academy where I bought it from has. Dunno what all he did...

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Just curious, what is the year of manufacture on your bike? Mine is a 2011 and I haven't been into the front hub yet, but the bike guy at Academy where I bought it from has. Dunno what all he did...

I probably got it in 2010 or 2011. It was a Huffy "Big Daddy".

I wonder if I could go to a specialty bearing place and find a sealed roller bearing to fit in the hub......that would certainly be a permanent fix.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK

Exseler,you might be able to use hollow hub trike bearings. Tractor supply has them in the 'hard to find' drawers in the hardware section. Then you're gonna need an axle for a sealed bearing wheel,such as a Currie electric scooter wheel,12" aluminum alloy wheel for reference. Now if I could remember the bearing size....

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas

I probably got it in 2010 or 2011. It was a Huffy "Big Daddy".

I wonder if I could go to a specialty bearing place and find a sealed roller bearing to fit in the hub......that would certainly be a permanent fix.
Well, mine was bought summer of 2011. So I guess I have something nice to look forward to when I freshen that hub.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Well didn't ride any today but I did get my two 1 meter sticks of 8M 1.25 8.8 grade all threads in the mail yesterday for making my own cylinder studs, I also got my stainless steel true acorn nuts, slowly getting more and more parts and pieces for my dax lower, jug ported real nice now, need to cut piston skirt to clear intake port after I make new jug to case gaskets, I plan to run two gasket in the beginning so I'll cut skirt to clear a two gasket set up and then if I decide to drop port timing back to normal I'll still be good on the piston, i'm convinced now that the only way I'll see the extra speed and power I want is to go with larger carb than the NT or the Dax RT, I plan to do a little more work on it tomorrow if I can squeeze it into the busy day I have planned.

Happy safe riding all..
map