Sam from Providence

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Sam, welcome.

If ya post questions or concerns in the related sections, they will get more views and answers. Some really talented folks who love to help out.

But again, welcome.

pedalurassoff

Nov 5, 2014
providence, RI
Thing is, i rode in the rain today and after about 20 minutes it acted like it wasnt getting any gas. I rolled to a stop and walked home. I tried starting it again 3/4 of the way home and it does the same thing. I hope i didnt mess anything up

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I would not try to start it until you have dried it out and dried every thing out really well.

There Are ways to seal em up. Here is a link the the searchword "wet" http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...=1085j678925j3#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=wet&gsc.page=1

Read,read and read some more. I used to ride in the rain all the time not thinking anything of it and was fine.

Don't jump in to buying parts after the reading scares the dogstuff out of you. lol

Could be just fine.

I had one on the back of my car and it got soaked for 3 days and eventually started again But took 20 mins of trying and pedaling in circles. I was poed and just kept pumping it around a parking lot. But it did fire off and lasted a good while after.

pedalurassoff

Nov 5, 2014
providence, RI
Ok awesome! Ill let you know tmrw. Also if we pretend my bike had gears then id say 1st and 3rd work great. They run smooth. But at a certain speed, like 2nd gear, it really rattles alot. Any ideas or is this just a break in period kinda thing?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Most assuredly part of it, is break in. You can feel it in the seat of your pants when they settle in. Ya feel a boost in power and get a lil more speed. Kinda a high.

But truth be told these poor lil things are supposed to go about 20/22 MPH. The vibes and struggling above that is mostly due to basicly redlining em.

Can't see in your picture but how solid is the front mount? I would look and ask in the stretch section. http://motorbicycling.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40 Could be lots I dunno about but will be old hat to the folks that build and ride em regularly.

I have been playing with MBs for, dunno 10 yrs and learn some thing new almost every week. LOL, some times relearn. Just sayin get lots of thoughts so you can find what works best for you.

OH! be sure to check out events section! MB folks are half a bubble off plumb but to the good side of the high side. Seriously, great fun. Until they "invent" something and wanna sell it.

But great and I mean great learning experience attending a group ride.

I host one in Hartford in the spring most years.

Never be worried about asking questions. It is actually against the rules here to be less than kind to fellow members and there are ton of great and knowledgeable people eager to help.

LOL, to much coffee. Sorry about the wall of text, Sam.....

pedalurassoff

Nov 5, 2014
providence, RI
She is all good! I did about 10 miles today and everything is normal. The rear fender broke on me but thats something i could care less about. Something kool tho, i installed a 700c x 23c 5 spoke mag wheel in the front. Wow does it look kool!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome Sam. Was that the noise? Would make sense.

The front fender is a huge danger! just look threw the pictures then read a bit. Scary stuff and one of em is mine.

pedalurassoff

Nov 5, 2014
providence, RI
I think that was the noise! I didnt notice it much today. I know im still in the break in stage but i have a krazy lust for speed. Im gonna have to do some things. And that muffler is about to get cut up, add some and weld.