what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
Totally pulled the bike down to ready for painting. Gonna leave the bars and forks on though as they're all chrome and will help to manage the frame.
I've laid all parts out labelled on shelves to give the best chance of successful reassembly, and a list has started on little stuff I think up on the way.
Good news: all my brackets I made to fit the china to a stretch chopper have held and still look good.
Not so good: cracked frame at the base of the seat stay and frame. Probably not hard to reinforce, but I just have to get the thing to an exhaust shop nearby for welding.
Apart from that it's a good time tinkering in the shed.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Goter out for little more break in on the "TIGHTCASE#2" on the LaJolla. Man its great having professionally built racing engines!!!!
Then the phone rang and it was one of my South St.Louis riding crew trying to put together a ride for this weekend. They're predicting 50 degrees. Time to roll it out and go racing!!

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
Got a bit done. Took my bare frame to an exhaust shop to weld a crack I found from an old engine mount.
Did some primer here, gloss coat there and sanding everywhere.
Put a helicoil in a thread I remembered stripping, but held so got put off.
Had to make a mount for my rear refector/light, so got a bit excited. I'd like some kind of teardrop type, but this will do at the grand cost of nought. Fits the flame look of the bike as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
Went to Walmart and got supertech engine degreeser, and put it all over my bike. Spray off- and did a great job! The stock carb really gets my engine dirty. Good thing it's a black motor :)

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
I had the same problem on my last bike for a couple of years. China motor.
I fixed it one fine day by tightening the throttle down into the carby a bit more with multi grips. I did exercise extreme caution and only turned it about 15 degrees past finger-tight, (too scared to do any more) but since then it's been fine.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Every motorbicycle rider/builder needs to read Sheldon Browns bicycle guides.
The man has saved me untold money and frustration.

snellemin

Feb 4, 2014
Spring TX
Made me a fender based of Mucky nutz. I used some privacy screen for an LCD monitor I had laying around. Still need to punch some holes in it to mount it.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I got my crank back from Rock solid, And ordered another from him, I'm not going to bother with the 38mm stroke crank I have here, like Tony said use it as a paper weight.
So back to putting motors back together.

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
Still painting. Riding my old cruiser round while the new one gets all the love.
It's done a head gasket and leaks a bit of oil, but I'm going to let it go as motivation to get the new bike on the road.