new to motor bikes

GoldenMotor.com

sketchworks.ink

May 17, 2013
ridgeland, SC. USA
ok so i have a dream to build and have a kick ass bike that will be my main means of transportation. so what i'm looking at so far is the GRUBEE 2012 SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc Slant Head Bike Motor Kit (Standard Finish) With the GT2 Bike Frame and the Monark Fork Type 2. i've been wondering if i can add the sbp 2 Stroke HD Shifter Kit with a internal gear hub and have disk brakes front and back that way i can stop good and have gears and have a custom looking beast... any and all advice and knowledge it greatly appreciated... thank you in advance

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I too am from South Carolina but live in Tennessee now. Before you buy any kit you should read SC moped laws. 50 cc, automatic transmission and no shifting gears by the operator after the primary drive is engaged. Just trying to look out for a home boy. If you get a Shimano Nexus 3 speed hub it can be used with a Kilduff autoshifter.

It depends on where you live in SC, you may not have any problems. But if you want your bike to be legal it must comply with SC moped laws. A multi geared bike must do it automatically to be legal in SC.

sketchworks.ink

May 17, 2013
ridgeland, SC. USA
thanks LR, im so gonna use that autoshifter idea man.... i looked it up and it would make things look much more clean without the cable and shifter... that and i'll be legal... tho i do have a moped licence here, my wife doesn't and she's gonna want a bike too after she see's mine lol...

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Double wall rims and extra thick slime tubes is another thing you should get. Stay away from coaster brakes. Disk are best but rim brakes will stop you.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
You should be able to get them at about any bicycle shop. Staton Inc can lace you up a 3 speed Shimano Nexus hub on a double walled rim as well. Both of my wheels are double walled but the rear wheel is the most important one to have strong.

sketchworks.ink

May 17, 2013
ridgeland, SC. USA
thanks again im checking them out now... i need to know what would be best for a disk front and rear with the 3 speed... i want black rims to match the color of everything else... black and chrome is it...

Last edited:

sketchworks.ink

May 17, 2013
ridgeland, SC. USA
ok i been looking things up and they have the adapters i'll need to use disk breaks on the GT2 frame and the monark fork... i can grind off the stuff i dont need on the frame... sence im going with the 3 speed rear hub it has center lock rotors and because im ocd ill get a matching front set up... i wish i could just order the whole set front and rear with the double wall rims and the matching breaks... if anyone knows where to feel free to give me a link...

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
I have a quick question. Will riding your bike on soft sand destroy your engine? I’m building a bike to use for fishing.
Andres- Take the time to introduce yourself friend. You'll get better responses if people know who you are, and what type of bike you have, what type of engine, and drive? That sort of thing.
There are a lot of sections here, with lot's of answers already waiting to be read. Use that search bar up top, but if you can't find something and need some help, don't be afraid to ask! There's lot's of helpful people here.
With all that said, welcome to the forum! The answer to your question, if you're operating under normal conditions, is no.
Can you post pics of your bike? You would meet some other people that may be able to help if you posted in the 'introduce yourself' section.
Good luck fishing!