Identifing China 2 Stroke Engines

GoldenMotor.com

nick5

Oct 19, 2008
South Alabama
How Y'all,

I'm Nick from South Alabama. A new nick to world of motorized bicycle. A retired old fart on fixed income. Beat up bad on retirement plans. 2 Artificial knees. Hate to pay more than $0.35 gal for gas. ( I worked at service station in highschool and sold it for $0.25.9 gal. The above is why I am getting into motor biking. THANKS for letting me in.

Recently I ordered a "80cc" 2 stroke thru Ebay. I had heard mention of some quality control problems with some of the engines. I was not prepared for what I got. I begin to have suspisions when I saw the box. No company name. No product name. No return address. The User Manual was a BAD joke. Well I wanted a motorized bike so I decided I would see if I could figure it out by looking at the photo on the cover. A couple of the parts were defective. I contacted the Calif. seller. Their excuse was the manufactury provided the user manual. The seller had No expertise with the engine. I have had to threaten contacting Ebay,BBB, ect. to get any help. They only wanted me to give them the highest Ebay sellers rating. I hope to get the defective parts replaced. The seller did promise me a "beautiful watch if I would give him a high grade. Well I told him it would be a cold day in Alabama before I gave him a high rating. Also told him where, in his lower abdomen he could stick the beautiful watch. Well I have probally burnt my bridges on getting replacement parts from him. This might be an issue because no where on the engine do I see any names, mod. numbers, ect. How can I order parts? From who? I will be depending on you guys to share your knowledge and experience. Wish I had found y'all 1st. By the way we are putting the engine on a 25yr old Huffey mountain bike. See Y'all later, need to pick my cotton.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
ThatsDax on your left can help he's got what you need, and will help, well all help. The old huffy sounds like a good choice they had good steal on them. Check (Bicycle Motor Preperation And Care
)on the forum, we will get you going!

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
These China motors have no serial numbers or other ID. I have replaced some of the crummy or defective parts with items from boygofast on ebay and had very good luck.
The good news, is that these little engines run very reliably once you get them going and work out mounting issues. Welcome to the forum.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome to the world of low quality control and high fun!

Yeah, these china built engine kits are a little wanting for quality, but anything on them can be made right for a few dollars, or less, and are well worth the initial frustration.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdie Nick, welcome. Man the old Huffy's make some beautiful MBs! What parts were bad? I and others might have some extra parts laying around.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
Welcome to the forum... Yup, these chinese engines can really be a big headache sometimes. Just take a couple of aspirins and enjoy the ride. I got my engine from ZBox.com.au

What I cannot really figure out is that these Chinese can really make good engines such as the ones found on RC planes and on pocket bikes, but why can't they make the same quality for these bicycle engines?

Last edited:

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
But actually some of these pocket bike engines and RC plane engines cost the same if not even less than the bicycle engines. If there would be a price difference, then I don't think it would really be that substantial. Perhaps maybe, it might affect the sales of pocket bikes though. :D