First Project

GoldenMotor.com

SJP

Oct 16, 2010
HB / Havasu
So my neighbor and I decided to build a couple of MB cruisers. We went about it a little differently but both are happy with the end result.

Both bikes start with a silver Boy Go Fast 66cc pull start kit. I had a few parts missing in mine and I broke the clutch lever installing it. All in all things went together nicely.

We have a dyno with flat black, ape hangers, custom stem and a basic springer. The engine and a lot of parts were painted flat black. Uses mostly stock parts. Hardware was upgraded throughout though.

The silver bike began as a Migargi (I know Chinese junk) I have been reading the threads. I upgraded a few pieces and replaced a bunch of hardware. Other upgrades include a manic hub (This was the best upgrade to the point). The stock rag joint does not allow for quick tuning and is just pure frustration. I am a offroading, jetskiing, boating, car, truck hobbyist etc etc so the crudeness of the rag joint did not make sense to me. Also I added a high flow filter, ported intake, and have an expansion chamber exhaust coming in tomorrow. Other bling includes a bunch of chrome add ons etc etc.

First ride was a success. Both bikes perform great. Will be motoring around Huntington Beach.

SJP

Oct 16, 2010
HB / Havasu
Added Expansion Chamber Pipe

Got a new pipe and exhaust gasket. Works well. Has a healthy sound to it. Had to ditch the pull start after it grenaded. Put on chrome covers which I think look nice.

Just ordered another motor kit. Going to build a new bike so I can ride with my Dad (maybe the wife - but probaly not) .cs. . Thinking I am going to try NOS on this one. Anyone have any experience with their MB and the NOS kits?

Attachments

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
So my neighbor and I decided to build a couple of MB cruisers. We went about it a little differently but both are happy with the end result.

Both bikes start with a silver Boy Go Fast 66cc pull start kit.
First ride was a success. Both bikes perform great. Will be motoring around Huntington Beach.

I am learning about pull start kits. Did the added pull start interfere with pedal travel?

yodar

insomniacshotrods

Sep 26, 2008
Ive got one on my bike im building and my buddy has one on his...They do add power but only for about 5to7 seconds. No where go to mount the nitrous trigger that we could find..all in all not worth the money to me or him. Its more of bragging rights, if you got the extra cash to throw at it do it. We also put shut off valves on the intake to he could shut off the boost bottles so it would start easier, after running and warm open em back up. I like the pipe also been thinking of getting one. Ive got my stock exhaust cut off inside even with tube,its louder than stock and the bike really runs strong with the speed carb..ive got a 41 TOOth sprocket and i beat my buddy who has the 3 spd with a jackshaft chopper bike. That really got him lol...

SJP

Oct 16, 2010
HB / Havasu
I am learning about pull start kits. Did the added pull start interfere with pedal travel?

yodar
The pull starts are nice but they break way too easy. We have gone through three in a couple of weeks. Yes stock cranks will definitely need to be upgraded to wide kits. Even then I had to bend out to clear the pull start. Not putting one back on mine for now.