A foolproof setup?

GoldenMotor.com

Bike n00b

Jun 25, 2010
Modesto, CA
I am going to be putting together my first motorized bike, and it will be a beach cruiser with a four stroke engine (ideally). I am new to the hobby and I would greatly appreciate it if you experts could make me a list of what I need to buy, (bike, engine, and everything else i need.). I have all of the resources to put the thing together, but I'm just overwhelmed with all the options out there.

P.S. What cruiser and engine do you reccomend from experience? I need a setup that is reliable.
cvlt1

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
= What cruiser and engine do you reccomend from experience? I need a setup that is reliable.
cvlt1
My first beach cruiser 4-stroke build and my current transportation of choice is an aluminum Ridgedale "Northwoods" with the Grubee 4G Huasheng 49cc 4-stroke engine kit. Bought both the kit and the bike online for $550. This bike cruises like a champ!

Attachments

robbdaman

May 5, 2010
SLO
I like what you've done Scotto and may just copy it a lot. The Ridgedale frame looks very sturdy and has a lot of room for a 4 stroke.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I like what you've done Scotto and may just copy it a lot. The Ridgedale frame looks very sturdy and has a lot of room for a 4 stroke.
Thanks man, no prob...copy away! I really do recommend this set-up, it's a blast to ride and a very inexpensive build overall. The frame is a no brainer for the 4-stroke, I was able to mount it very low in the frame and keep the chain guard stock by using a small chainring upfront, the wide bb spindle and the longer, lighter stock alloy cranks. I ride this thing everyday with pleasure. Any questions...just ask. Cheers!