which 2 stroke is the best

GoldenMotor.com

Cobra GT

Apr 16, 2010
New Orleans, La.
I am new to this and need two 2 stroke motor kits. I have looked at all of the kits I can find and the Raw 80 and the Grubee Sky Hawk are leading the search. I have also looked at the Flying Horse, Jet, Stinger, Black Stallion, Star Fire and Phantom. Can anyone give me some input on my selection and are these the best motors? Are there any other 2 stroke motor kits I have missed? Thanks in advance for your input. .shft.

Wood.Neely

Feb 16, 2010
Auburn, AL
i've got a skyhawk and my buddy has a raw, both 66cc. don;t waste your money on the raw. the skyhwak is miles ahead and well worth the extra $30. good luck

macattie88

Dec 2, 2009
columbia sc
just to add to the confusion..lol...i have a raw and it runs great with approx 500 miles on it.....its luck of the draw on these engines....do a search on the topic and you will find alot of threads and opinons on this debate filled issue....but my next engine will be the pk 80 for my new project im just starting.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The "make" of the engine is pretty irrelevant, defo go with a reputable vendor regardless of the sticker on the side of their motors ;)

meowy84

Jul 18, 2009
Canada
I'm new to this like yourself, I'm on my first build but I've been reading the forum quite extensively and it does seem like a big part is the luck of the draw like macattie88 mentioned. If you do your research you'll find people say both good and bad things about every kit out there. I myself have the slant head PK80 (Powerking which is also known as Zoom). I must admit that I got it primarily for the price which was around the $140 mark including shipping. Like BarelyAwake said, do your research and go with a reputable vendor that will back you up in case you get a kit with missing or broken parts.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
As opposed to the name on the motor, the dealer's reputation is more important. Research and you'll find several that have very good reviews in that respect. After sale support is often the real issue instead of advertising claims of power and performance. There's just not enough difference in these little engines to make one that much better than the others.
Tom