Can I get going with out pedaling?

GoldenMotor.com

greekfreak

Mar 20, 2010
virginia
you can always get off the bike, disengage the clutch, run with said bike and when you feel you are moving fast enough, jump on the bike, get situated, dump the clutch and take off

or

you can sit on the bike and walk it while sitting down, its a funny looking manuver but my buddy does it all the time, he took off his pedal chain. some of the guys who were at the CT rally last year, called it that wadling duck maneuver.

:)
I have an exact idea of what that looks like, lol.

FlyJSH

Feb 10, 2009
Houston, TX
huh, a quick search and i stumbled on these.. the price is right too!
3pc Wide Crank Pedal Kit [4S-CDS-3pcCRANK] - $29.99

where u at in IL?
Do those fit all bikes? If not what do I need to measure to determine if it will fit mine?

I had a crank fail on my wally world Huffy (no surprise), and was looking for a replacement and thought of upgrading to a centrifugal clutch while I was at it. (actually, if they are standard sizes, I was going to build a new bike, from better stock, steal the crank, replace the broken one, and sell the junk huffy)

shearbf

May 8, 2009
Muskegon,MI USA
I am a C.O.P.D. patient and can't pedal much at all. A centrifugal with 34T may not be any better. The motor still will not have the power to get going without help from pedals.
How do you ride? I go as fast as I want to go, on a bicycle, with 44T.
Even putting the "neighborhood" cruse at 50T with a centrifugal, hopefully NO pedaling
with this one!

TheE

Jun 26, 2009
Canada
I found that if you're real careful with the clutch lever you can get it to partially engage and start rolling without pedaling. Somehow, I doubt this is good for the clutch pads...

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I found that if you're real careful with the clutch lever you can get it to partially engage and start rolling without pedaling. Somehow, I doubt this is good for the clutch pads...
It's not and you are creating a lot of potentially hazardous dust depending on the composition of your pads.

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
I can generally start my bike within 5' of peddeling, and getting it going takes only 3 peddles b4 I can let the clutch out.. I do have a 44 tooth