extra gas

GoldenMotor.com

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
Bean borritos!!!! Some guys have used a water bottle. Or some just carry extra oil and stop at the gas station when you need more. Are you going more then a full tank will last. That would hurt my buttox. : )

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
You don't want it to explode. Make sure it has a way to relieve excess pressure. A soda bottle may eventually burst and make a good day real bad quickly.

IMHO

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
You don't want it to explode. Make sure it has a way to relieve excess pressure. A soda bottle may eventually burst and make a good day real bad quickly.

IMHO
Not to worry.... I always squeeze the extra air out of the bottle before I cap it! ;)

& besides, it wouldn't explode into a fireball... It would just leak!

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
At your local hobby shop they should have a fuel bottle made for the little rc gas cars. It is a plastic squeeze bottle with an aluminum spout and rubber cap. I always ride with a camel back type back pack and I put this bottle in there in the upright position.

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
At your local hobby shop they should have a fuel bottle made for the little rc gas cars. It is a plastic squeeze bottle with an aluminum spout and rubber cap. I always ride with a camel back type back pack and I put this bottle in there in the upright position.
Make sure you tell them it's for GAS not NITRO FUEL. I don't know if it's all gas proof..mbv.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I carry spare fuel in a dr. pepper bottle. About every 3 weeks I dump it in the tank and put in fresh mix. Been using the same bottle for two seasons. It has a long neck, so no spill.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i run opti2 oil at 100:1 and started worrying that if i ever ran out of gas i'd have to dump cheap oil in at the gas station, and i don't know (or want to know) how that would affect my engine.

so i started carrying around a 1oz. hotel shampoo bottle full of opti2. that'll give me two tankfulls, and it's about the size of a tube of chapstick.

i was gonna use an eyedrops bottle, but it still had eyedrops in it.

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
I have actually been thinking about this, so i went and picked up a aluminum vacume lock thermos, I am planning on making it like a reserve tank, have both tanks running to 1 and be able to shut each one off. I am planning on mounting it to the rack that came on the bike, with a water bottle holder, will post pics if this works out. If this works out i plan to pick up another thermos, and have one to carry with me, pop one off and pop the other one on.