Im back at it 4 years later

GoldenMotor.com

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
Hello I joined a long time ago and just never was really active now I'm back and at a new location this time .when I owned my bike I owned it when there where really no laws on motorized bikes in California at least they where not cracking down on them .Anyways I have moved to a better state with less harsh laws I now live in Paragould Arkansas and I'm planning to build a go everywhere bike .If I'm going to do that I need a little more power where can I get some more power I all ready plan to boost compression by shaving down the head face doing a little port work and porting the intake manifold open a little more I just bought a upgraded head and I'm thinking about getting a Reed valve kit for this but I want a walboro Carb I trust walboro better then makuni lol I work with yammies for the old folks who know go kart racing and they come with a walboro wb3a but that's way to big I want a bigger Carb then the tiny 15 mm walboro everyone has and I also want the rse Reed kit people are talking about where can I find this Reed kit .also I seen someone talking about a racing piston that's been milled lighter but you have to have a long rod ?

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Start by working toward the law's limits. In my field, we love using the quote "limits are goals". So what's the biggest allowable engine?

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
Biggest allowed engine I'm using a China girl the ordinary motor you get online I was going to use a pocket bike or weed eater motor but settled on this motor because it's bigger.

ragdolldude

May 6, 2016
Mira Loma, CA
Your State should have some maximum cc disiplacement or hp limit to motorized bikes, besides requiring the bike still can be pedaled to the bike is legal there. If you run on public streets, you'll have to go by these restrictions to be legal.

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
50cc but I need to get more torque out of the motor without boring it out .I have a 50 degree slope about 1/2 mile long driveway I need to go up I'm 220 pounds lol I don't think my fat butt can even peddle up the hill if I wanted to

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
the 40mm stroke motors I'm using now will pull that hill a bit better than the 38mm motors I used to have

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
I bought a head kit for it and I want to re surface the head gasket face to boost compression do porting on the ports lighten the piston port the intake manifold port the Carb .but I want to know what else is there where can I buy good parts like walbro carbs Reed kits are people making these custom ?

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
A 49cc sticker would be better suited on a 79cc 4 stroke HF engine.

And doesn't California have better laws regarding motorized bikes than most states?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
50cc but I need to get more torque out of the motor without boring it out .I have a 50 degree slope about 1/2 mile long driveway I need to go up I'm 220 pounds lol I don't think my fat butt can even peddle up the hill if I wanted to
Piece of cake to get torque and speed from a ~50cc gas engine, use the bikes gears!

Not only will it power you up the hill with ease, it will be able to stop you coming back down.

~$1500.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Piece of cake to get torque and speed from a ~50cc gas engine, use the bikes gears!

Not only will it power you up the hill with ease, it will be able to stop you coming back down.
That works too. A little more expensive, but it works! And it's a 4 stroke, which I always prefer.

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
Lets get serious here.
You need a bike to get a 220 lbs rider up a very steep hill?
KC Vale's 4 stroke with a jackshaft kit will do it. Is the price in your range?

If you are on a budget, the 2 strokes are cheap, light and powerful, but easy to blow up if you are careless. So how do you get a 48cc 2 stroke up that hill without a jackshaft kit?

1) Gearing. Put a 56 tooth sprocket on the back, will limit top speed but give ownership of the hills.
2) Port matching of the exhaust. Simply drill the exhaust flange and gasket 3/4".
3) Jetting. Buy a set of 69-62 jets and experiment with them VERY CAREFULLY.
4) Set your squish gap at 0.020"-0.030" using lead solder to measure.
Ideally, remove the head and sand it and the cylinder flat using 180 sandpaper on glass.
Remove the headgasket and use teflon tape to seal the head to the cylinder.
Shim the cylinder up with extra basegaskets to get the proper squish measurement.
5) Shimming the cylinder up will give a port timing improvement.

This will get your butt up that big hill with very little pedalling, I know for a fact.
I have a 48cc working to this formula right now.

Steve