Welcome Dan to the world of Whizzers

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I just sold this Whizzer H on a Roadmaster to my good friend Dan. He's been wanting one ever since he road one of mine a few years ago. I originally built this one with my oldest brother who past away 4 years ago. It needs a little crank work so I gave him a deal he couldn't pass up. Now I hope he starts his own thread on the repair and customization.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Well good for Dan!
He's sure got a sharp looking motorbike to work with!!!
MSR, is it in good enough shape to run a bit for the end of this summer, and ter it down over winter?
rc

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Well good for Dan!
He's sure got a sharp looking motorbike to work with!!!
MSR, is it in good enough shape to run a bit for the end of this summer, and ter it down over winter?
rc
Not really, it needs some crankshaft work. He won't go without something to ride because he has a Briggs bike we built years ago.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Thanks scotto. Dan's my silent partner. Actually he's pretty outspoken but has no computer. I'll get him on this thread as the tune up progresses.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
gee dale, i looks like every kid with end a mile would be hanging around your garage... baird!!! come out come out where ever you are!

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Yeah Dennis, it was that way when I was a kid. Anybody with a go kart or minibike was very popular. They always needed to be worked on, so the garage was a hangout for us kids looking for a ride. There's plenty of young ones in my neighborhood, but I guess they would rather play on their computers. Sad state of affairs when a boy or girl grows up without knowing what end of a screwdriver to hold.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Dan's Whizzer is coming over today for final tune and ride. Hope to have a Whizzer day at Donut Derelicts soon. My Roadmaster cycletruck is next in line to get on the road.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Well we had a few problems but got'er running pretty good. Had to overhaul the gas cap to stop leaks, adjust the clutch cover to release properly and fool with the carb a little. Overall Dan's real happy the way it rides and looks.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
And with a southern California riding climate to boot? Heaven.

Did you other rustbelters notice? They've still got 1970 Beetles and 1967 (or so) Ford 100 pickup trucks.

We just don't see stuff like that anymore.