Bearing ball stuck

GoldenMotor.com

stars

Mar 10, 2014
philadelphia
i can't start the engine because the bearing ball is so far back & is stuck. i need to remove the bearing ball so i can replace & lube up. any ideals how to remove or loosing up the bearing ball?

Attachments

Last edited:

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Penetrating oil like wd40 and patience. If it were me, I would also try a bit of gentle tapping with something not too pointy. Last resort would be heat but don't blow yourself up. Maybe a soldering iron.

prepare for the ball to shoot out and play hide and seek with you.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
take off rotor and put bucking bar on it, put bucking bar in shaft and remove gently, ball should be stuck to it

never had to remove one that was causing a problem though, and don't see how it could cause a problem

if rusted in, tapping a loosened flower nut on other side may shoot it out

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
What crassious said. If your engine is anywhere near new, your clutch needs adjustment anyway, so there lol. These kits engine has an awesome clutch system, it's just a little finicky. Once you get it dialed in, daily wheelies will blow a motor before wearing, let alone shredding, your clutch. Just don't lube it! Grease the gears, not the clutch. If you do accidentally grease any part of the clutch itself, brake cleaner, lots of it. Not only does it make your clutch slip immediately(duh) it degrades the pads (in my opinion/experience), making them prone to slippage forever.

I'm not 100% positive the above clutch degradation theory is correct, but it's what I've observed.