motorized bicycle ready to go question?

GoldenMotor.com

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
So going for the first ride tommarow, I am aware that my bike is extremly slow at the time being the suzuki fa 50 will need a new sprocket for the rear wheel motor hub which is where the orginal scooter tire use to be long story short it goes 15.5 miles an hour which in theory passes as a electric bicycle by speed.

Shall I hit the road in town early or stay on the side wall until I hit the rural back roads?

I have added a rear deflector *red* for this event because law says to at least ride a bicycle in the street here I need a tail light.

Need an answer tonight as I'm hitting the road to my moped early am to get to a doctor's apt. .xx.cvlt1

LBC

Aug 8, 2016
Virginia
be sure to check all of your head bolts and every other nut and bolt or anything that can come loose, before and after your ride.
i changed to a smaller rim size on my bike today and it slowed me down quite a bit, i'm not looking for speed though, just hill climbing gumption.
if you're worried about the police in your area then just roll slow on the city roads, sometimes when i come up to a police car i kill the engine or stay behind them far enough but they really do not even look at me much, been pulled over once by two officers and we discussed the laws and how much of a gray area there is then they said to keep the speed under or at the speed posted in the downtown area, haven't had any problems since.
All that i have is the reflectors too, at this time lol
Good luck and ride safe man!
LBC

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
be sure to check all of your head bolts and every other nut and bolt or anything that can come loose, before and after your ride.
i changed to a smaller rim size on my bike today and it slowed me down quite a bit, i'm not looking for speed though, just hill climbing gumption.
if you're worried about the police in your area then just roll slow on the city roads, sometimes when i come up to a police car i kill the engine or stay behind them far enough but they really do not even look at me much, been pulled over once by two officers and we discussed the laws and how much of a gray area there is then they said to keep the speed under or at the speed posted in the downtown area, haven't had any problems since.
All that i have is the reflectors too, at this time lol
Good luck and ride safe man!
LBC

She did good I also asked a officer on my trip they say the same thing it's a grey area but it's not fast and I stay mainly on the side walk because it's top ends slow due to gearing I made it from burien, to seatac, to des moines. Like I never lost a drop of gas gonna need some extra work as the orginal petcock is fried leaking slow build up in the vaccum lines if I had atleast a container that I could attach to the frame would be nice so I can do a gravity fuel tap. I should never get ticketed because it's so slow. Bad is i dont have a kill switch so I catch my self tripple snapping the throttle once in a blue moon to drop the idle. It's atleast welded and like I told the officer I fit between electric assisted bicycle and a moped by the 15 mph-30 law but lean more to the electric law. .flg.

LBC

Aug 8, 2016
Virginia
oh man wire up yourself a kill switch, less trouble that way :)
yeah i had a bad petcock and a leaking tank right out of the box, so instead of getting the run around by bikeberry.com i bought another one from somewhere else along with a large bore petcock, seems to have solved a small part of the engine starving for fuel, in my opinion.
good answer to the police ;)
i told them i pretty much have a hard time getting up to the posted speed limit of 25 lol
roll slow and respect them when you see them and they will look the other way, again in my opinion ;)
i am ok with cruising @ 15-18mph, i just smile and wave like i am in a parade lol
get a better petcock and use plmbers tape or some type of teflon tape arounf the threaded end of the petcock, be sure the female end is not stripped.
seems you have a few things to fix, just have fun while doing it and you'll be happy ;)
nothing wrong with rolling slow through town man have fun and ride safe!
LBC

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
oh man wire up yourself a kill switch, less trouble that way :)
yeah i had a bad petcock and a leaking tank right out of the box, so instead of getting the run around by bikeberry.com i bought another one from somewhere else along with a large bore petcock, seems to have solved a small part of the engine starving for fuel, in my opinion.
good answer to the police ;)
i told them i pretty much have a hard time getting up to the posted speed limit of 25 lol
roll slow and respect them when you see them and they will look the other way, again in my opinion ;)
i am ok with cruising @ 15-18mph, i just smile and wave like i am in a parade lol
get a better petcock and use plmbers tape or some type of teflon tape arounf the threaded end of the petcock, be sure the female end is not stripped.
seems you have a few things to fix, just have fun while doing it and you'll be happy ;)
nothing wrong with rolling slow through town man have fun and ride safe!
LBC
Will do, still made it to my doctor with 5 minutes to spare, after coffee, food and a trip to my full sized gas scooter 50cc. I would also like to know what gearing will I need to gain 20 mph drive sprockets 13 tooth axle sprocket is about 24 teeth I'm figuring changing the front sprocket will have to be increased I'm assuming.