sprockets for manic mechanic adapter

GoldenMotor.com

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
does anyone know where to get sprockets for manic mechanics adapter from?

i know pirate cycles has them but they only have 36, 40, and 48 and i need one somewhere between 54-60 ,
i know you can obviously get them from manic mechanic but there is no telling when you will receive those

also, does any one have any tips on buying another sprocket and drilling the holes for the adapter?
i have a 44 tooth from manic that i guess i could use as a stencil but am still concerned on how i will center the holes properly

has anyone done this before?
how did you do it?

thanks
jared

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
Find something that is the same size as the inner hole on the sprockets(like a wheel hub)
lay wheel flat on floor, place new sprocket on hub, place old sprocket on top,clamp and mark holes, then drill, or
screw or bolt both sprockets together(while lining up center hole) to a work bench and center punch, and drill.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Do all that but also order one from MM too that way you'll have something to use until you get one of his perfectly made sprockets.

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
Do all that but also order one from MM too that way you'll have something to use until you get one of his perfectly made sprockets.
Done did that over 2 weeks ago
sad thing is I ordered a clutch cable for my bug on monday and that came today (friday)

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Jared, The Center Finder`s Looks Like A Set Of Drill Bits In The Metal Stand Up Rack, Up To 1/2 Inch Dia.. For Example, If You Need To Find The Center Of A 1/2 Inch Hole , You Would Use The 1/2 Inch Center Finder, It Has A Cener Punch On The End. If I Find A Link Will Post It. Maybe Harbor Freight! Ron .cvlt1

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
sweet
thanks Ron
I found the price $10 28 Piece Transfer Punch Set
that will be nice to make sure that the center of each hole is in the proper location

I am still wondering how I am going to make sure the center of the three holes are centered properly with the hub

I dont see how using a bicycle hub will help (as someone else mentioned) since the center holes are not equal to the hub