View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Adding a Front Brake...advice, suggestions, please

Even if I cut the pads down lengthwise there still wouldn't be enough space between the fork and the rim for the caliper to open all the way with any shoe on there. I think I would have to shave at least half the thickness off as well. Factor this in with the mounting issue and I figure there has to be a better option (though I might end up doing this).

Already tried mounting on the back of the fork, the angle is totally off and nothing reaches/lines up. I need something like HoughMade's, awesome!!!

I thought the dual-lever said it could be used for clutch and brake, woops. I don't have a lever for rear brake so I guess that won't do anything for me. Anyone know anything about/have experience with twist-handle style clutches? They're like the ones on vespas. (The only other way I can come up with to reduce number of levers in my way.)

Thanks for the links and info everyone. ChainGang has some great stuff, even disk brake solutions for forks without caliper mount

I'll check to make sure the tabs are long enough, then figure out a way to mount it on the back of the fork, or go with disk brakes.

1960s Huffy... got a better guess?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2098.jpg (235.9 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2110.jpg (353.8 KB, 149 views)