View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Default Re: Manic Mechanic - It's a No Brainer!

Originally Posted by ku4qb View Post
Hi Fun,
Jim's not big on communication. His products are great and so are his prices. If you keep your mouth shut, you will eventually get what you ordered. If you question too much you won't.
But at least you'll get a refund. No ripoff, just a bit strange IMHO. ;-}
Bill KU4QB
You Sir: are a rare individual...You made me laugh harder than I have in the last 5 years! Thank you!

Honestly, I needed it.

You have offered others a "What to expect" from the Manic Mechanic shop.

Some orders go out's literally the luck of the draw...some orders are custom, and I have to re-program the whole thing in order to make it happen. The customer is never asked for any additional monies to cover thier custom orders.

I do my best to answer phone calls. Karen talks to a lot of folks too: when I'm in the shop doing set-ups on the machines. Karen works with me side-by-side in the shop...when we're having a full-on day gettin' parts made, neither one of us answers the phone.

The email thing is sporatic at best...I admit it. We don't have a staff, it's just me and chicky "D" trying to make a living in our machine shop.

This is probably the most interesting part of my business...simply for the fact that it is not "easy", when really it should be. It adds a bit of humor to the daily grind.

1) "If I do not recieve my parts in 3 days, I will be forced to start a paypal dispute".

This is "not" an adult way of asking for a refund...You: dork...Me: refund, instant.

A refund is easier for us both.

2) My favorite is the guy who does a paypal dispute "WITHOUT" asking for a refund...I love this, I really do...I close it quickly by issuing the refund, and then log the name as "will never be allowed to purchase again". Instant refund if the name appears!

3) "I know you're doing this for fun", but now there's money involved, "my money". You took my money and I have not recieved my parts. Me...I didn't take your money, you gave it to me. Refund!

4) I need these parts right now! If you can't ship right away; I will find another source for these items elsewhere online...Sorry sir we are currently out of stock, but you will find many sites that have the Chinese aftermarket parts we sure to come back in the future if availabilty becomes an issue.

On a serious note:

Guys: I know it's hard to wait for your stuff to arrive, I really do! I have to wait on industrial suppliers for 60 days sometimes.

I do the best I can to get the orders out...Chicky "D" and I care about every order! You guys are great!