Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Newbie

Thanks for the welcome Fairracing 31. I tried to send pics, but the file was was too big.
A friend took the pics at his house an e-mailed them to me with the big file. I'll try and put the pics on my computer and foward.
I am kind of proud of my MB! It is a china schwinn, bought at target.She is red and silver Southpark cruser,fenderless. It has a tachometer and speedometer,headlight to!
She has a full chainguard, to include covering the jack-shaft sprocket. It has a rear rack
with small saddle bags and a Big Bournetrager cruser saddle. I made a bracket to thy
the head to the upper frame to keep engine torq from stretching the drive chain,it works quite well,but heightens the vibration considerably. I had better stop talking about my MB. I am 62 retired sheet metal worker. I build drag cars on the side ,but i think motorized bicycle riding might be a neat little hobby for me. PS. it has taken me 3 days to tune and adjust the bike,so it will do what it is supposed to do,must be slowing in my old age! Don't know how anyone could possibly build a motorized bicycle in less than week! Thanks for letting me wind down. Whew!