Thread: Newbie in PA
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 07:17 PM
OCCstingray's Avatar
OCCstingray OCCstingray is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 143
Default Re: Newbie in PA

It is a bill, that did not make it into law from my understanding. The moped fact sheet says that a moped licence plate is issued and that annual registrationn fee is $9. Here is a link to the fact sheet. The correct way to go about registering a home built moped is this: Meet all of the requirements in subchapter J found here: Then you need to go for an enhanced inspection at an enhanced inspection station. They will inspect your bike using the MV426B form here: you need to include a detailed description of the specially constructed moped along with pictures with the form. PENNDOT will assign the VIN number along with a title. The VIN plate they give you will be put on your bike, obviously. The you can go to a notary and register it like you would a car. Mopeds are exempt from the annual inspection, but not the initial enhanced inspection. I recommend talking to yodabob or jbcruisin as the have gotten their bikes registered in pa.

Last edited by OCCstingray; 06-30-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Reply With Quote