View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: BrettMavrik's Production Bobber Frame For Builders Has Begun...

Thanks, man
I would love to get my hands on a whizzer engine for myself....

That was the plan with this frame design; a stretched bobber with that lowrider appeal.
A relatively high neck so drag bars keep it looking low. With the seat at it's lowest point at the rear, your arms are level with your shoulders and you are slightly leaning forward. It's comfortable and it rides real well. The new rake is still mild like a bobber should be, performance first, and is now just a touch off nuetral. I'm also building my very own line of inverted shock forks that will be available soon as well. I may also do a springer front end if I can swing it.

I got more work done today on the build.
The tubing clamps that will hold the isolated motor mounts, adjustable jackshaft, and adjustable mount for the spring loaded solo seat are all made up, and they are bomb-proof. Then I built a new rendition of isolated motor mounts using a different isolator but they failed the test, so I had to scrap em'. I going back to the drawing board on that aspect with what I originally used on my Orange Coast Chopper, only improved upon. They were tried and true, so I don't know why I decided to get fancy and waste time.

Grinch- "That's what these tests are for!"

So, I'll have the new set made up tomorrow and I can move onto the jackshaft and seat.
Not much after that but running cables, wiring, whitewalls, and paint. The bike is themed after a Shelby Cobra.
I'd like to find the perfect rear bullet tail light for it.

My Production Bobber Build Up
"Everything Is Possible...If You Can See Beyond The Invisible"