View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 02:01 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Home Brew Hair Dryer turbo.

Originally Posted by industrialphreak View Post
Sure nuff...
One thing i am contemplating is casting all the parts for one of these instead of just the jug and head, maybe even look at building a dual piston rotary. Yes this forum is a wicked place to get information for mods and such info to keep your bike running... The fact is i would really really like the idea of being able to legally manufacture produce our own fuel/Harness freely availble natural resource such as a solar powered electrolisis cylinder charger and or Bio-Diesel reactor. Its nice getting rediculouse milage but would it not be even wickeder to be able to add more sharp broken broom stick in the Butt to the energy tychoons not only this but also corrupt buroucrats gettting kickbacks from the "Evil Energy Tzars"
Sounds like fun! Pretty sure a rotary would be considered to have at least 3 pistons. I like the flex fuel idea too. Turbines or diesel are good for multiple fuels. Alcohol is easy to make. Solar is growing. The biggest problem with electrolysis is the breaking of the bonds in the first place. Some intriguing work has been done with harmonic frequencies in that regard but I don't think its quite there yet.

Lots of interesting work going on here already. Check out Jim's posts (Creative Engineering) aka Manic Mechanic for some interesting work on custom motors. He has built some fire breathing monsters in his day. Some interesting Electric bike stuff here too. You may be onto something with the supercapacitors.

Last edited by Clotho; 06-06-2009 at 02:03 AM.