View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Motor Refuses to start

Wow! It looks like you need a new just kidding. I'm so happy for you, you have now figured out why it would not start. Your spark plug may have been sparking when your piston was on it's way down.
I think they may sell what I will call "offset keys" for the tuners that want to play around with timing. A little bit of filing on your part to make it fit would work.
I remember my father used to make his own keys with little 4 inch long bars that were made for making keys...(bar stock?)
I won't get into it now but I'm thinking that you now know enough to figure it out by yourself now. You want to make a key that will fill the slot totally, while at the same time, making sure that the parts line up the way they were supposed to. There are other solutions but all of them would involve too much money and time. Seems to me that now that we can get the whole kit for $200 Canadian from Zoom, it is not worth the time and effort.
This shows how hard we can be on our engines when we pop our clutch and stuff. That is why I always treat my baby as if she were my China girl!
Here is a pic of an offset key to give you an idea of what you want to make'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg offset key.jpg (3.7 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by toytime; 04-22-2008 at 07:39 PM. Reason: add pic