View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Thumbs up Re: Find a Dealer & Review (DAX)

I got a DAX. Been shopping and riding an e-bike for a year because state law weren't gasser friendly. Now they have changed! Thank GOD!

After 30 miles I thought I had sheared the wood ruff key. I was disappointed that the tool wasn't in the kit. So hadn't opened it up yet to look. My thought was no key cant fix it. I contacted Duane about a tool and if he had a wood ruff key. He offer to replace my motor. I said I had painted it. I send him a pic He thought it had been drilled but still offered replacement anyhow. I explain it hasn't been drilled. Wife and Dan (yes the Dan here) thought I should go ahead with the deal. I wanted to try and fix it. I put work into it detailing it and it would be a pain swapping motor out. That I just put in and only had an hour of riding on it. Well I took the actuator off and the nut was laying there! I said to myself, "Self, WELL THERE YOUR PROBLEM!!" LOL The only damage was the wood ruff key had a tiny tiny chip off and the back of the actuator has a nice groove worn in it. LOL I had to ride it 3mi home. Thank god it was all downhill and flat from where I was! LOL I put it back together and Bam! We are back in business!

In conclusion, Duane was going to replace a motor that was was painted and he thought was damaged by the customer. I always heard DAX has the best customer service. This goes above an beyond my expectations!

note: I removed the the paint where the carb attaches.

Building 2nd kit in 6 years. Cheez this time. 1st one was a DAX.