View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Starting my own business

Hey sisdavid, I bought 10 kits from a distributer that I found through alibaba.I paid $100 a piece for them in Nov. of last year,the prices are less now.Anyway I sold Kits alone,complete MBs,or I would install it on your bike.I did it from my house,my only advertising was me riding around on my own MB. I warranteed only the installation,but offered my assistance with any problem that would arise.I sold 2 a month average,and still have people asking me where to get on all the time.Ive givin my phone number to about 100 people and got about 10% call back.I sold my last one in March.I would talk with a lawyer about writing a waiver to protect yourself,start small and see how the market will be,I would imagine in Daytona it would be pretty good,Build a couple with surf board racks on them.With some advertising it could give a nice 2nd income if you stay local.I dont know about internet selling,seems like it would be a pain with shipping and all.I really enjoy building motorized bicycles so that,to me, was part of my profit.Go for it and have fun. David PS I think the smallest order on alibaba was 60, I think.

Last edited by dvddtz; 05-12-2009 at 07:22 AM.