View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: An install Kit for the Schwinn Jaguar

MB WARS Episode I - The Phantom Build

A long time ago in a state far far away......

In the early days of the motorized bicycle republic lurked a dark force plaguing the land of motor bikes. How does a newbie build their first bike without any issues. Thus the idea was born, a easy install kit designed for an easily acquired "superstore" bicycle. Weeks and weeks of R & D went into the concept and polls were taken to decide what bike to use and finally the Schwinn Jaguar won the popular vote. From that day forward the Manic Mechanic was elected "Grand Machinist".....

Bike: Schwinn Jaguar Stock from Target
Motor: Dax F50 China Girl Kit Milkshake Maker
Install Kit: Manic Mechanic Jaguar Install Kit Prototype

I went over the bike from head to toe making sure the wheels were straight and true also that all the bolts were tight and the brakes adjusted. Now i believe i am starting with a good bike well put together.

I inspected my DAX Kit and everything looks great even grade 8 replacement hardware and large tube motor mounts were included in the kit. I have bought a few kits from different

vendors and the THATSDAX kit is the best so far. Quality parts all the way thru.

I ordered a few parts from SICKBIKEPARTS.COM such as a chain breaker, a high performance spark plug and wire and a 49cc upgraded head gasket. although these are not needed for the Jag Kit I deemed them necessary for my build.

I also ordered a White wire light kit from NORMAN with the read led tail light to wire into the build as well. Very good looking housing and well built light thanks norm.

3:30 PM PST 5-09-09 the kit just arrived USPS in fantastic. I unpacked the kit and
everything is great.Awsome job on creating these high quality parts. I received everything as instructed. And now the fun begins.

The next post will entail the assembly of the engine parts into the Manic Mechanic Kit.

Stay tooned same monkey time same monkey build thread
Ride it like you stole it!