View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default My brother's bicycle...

Greetings from Vancouver, BC. I'm really glad I found this great forum and interesting, helpul community. My brother passed away a few months ago, and I was floored to find out that he had left me his new 26" 48cc bicycle! it brought a tear to my eye when I took it out for a ride. It ran like a dream. A couple of rides later though, the throttle cable broke. I carefully took the cylinder/spring out and fished out the cable small stop. It's been a couple weeks now, and I just replaced the cable (and even got a new twist throttle), but the throttle isn't working. The engine fires right up when I disengage the clutch (fires right up WIDE open!), but the throttle feels like it's not working. I replaced everything just the way it was- cylinder sits right(greased a bit), spring's there, cable's seated in the cylinder, but it just doesn't feel "right"... is the cable too long? When the cylinder isn't screwed into the carb, it feels smooth, but when I lock it won't twist "right". Hmmm....
Anyhow, I'd appreciate any help the members could provide to this newbie. I look forward to looking through the rest of the threads and posts, and hopefully I'll be able to provide some positive and helpful feedback too. Cheers!