View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default proper 70cc oil mix?

Does anyone else run a 70cc (N-70) kit?? I have been mixing about 32 /1 (4 0z to Gal) but I am not completely sure if im correct because the instructions are specific to a 49 0r 80 cc.
I tried a new oil and I seem to be smoking more than usual so I thought mabey I was running too rich,Id like to back off on the mix a bit but I want to be sure I dont go too lean,Id rather smoke than cook my motor. If anyone is Running an N-70 what are you using?
a friend of mine gave me this so called idiot proof oil,its blue and has a little cup built into the bottle
it calls for 1 cup per gallon for all mixes,the cup is only about 2.6 and it seemed strange because 32/1 is 4 oz, has anyone seen this?,its for sale at Lowes. mabey its a typo on the label im a little afraid of it unless I get some positive feedback.
Lastly on this subject is there any harm in using regular 2 cycle or semi synth.? how about the synth Marine 2 cycle,is that ok to use?
Advanced Auto parts had a fully synth. 2 cycle motorcycle racing oil,they discontinued it he sold me the last quart for a penny and I havent seen it since.
Im sure im making this more difficult than it has to be,any feedback would be great!
Its often easier to get forgiveness than permission!!....Rob in CT
The First Harleys had pedals!!