View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: take a tip...leave a tip...or a bunch of 'em

Originally Posted by Bikeguy Joe View Post
These engines were originally made to haul around people for a tiny sip of fuel, low operating costs, and ease of MAINTENANCE....kinda like the old V-Dub beetle. Or the early Honda step through. Or the model T.
I'm not so sure what these engines were originally made for. Yesterday I found the "Small Gasoline Engine User's Manual" that came with my engine in the bottom of the shipping box under a piece of Styrofoam. The manual says my engine was made for a "brush cutter!" There are photos of it attached to some sort of rusty farm implement with cast iron wheels that looks like it used to be drawn by a large domesticated beast. The shiny new engine, chrome muffler and motorcycle gas tank bolted to the thing really looks funny (see photos). Did I join the wrong forum?

Tips from the manual:

"Never attempt to make engine adjustments while unit is running and strapped to the operator."

"Do not use this unit for any job other than those for which it is intended as described in this manual."

"Know how to unhook a harnessed unit quickly."

"Do not rely on debris shield on the unit to protect your eyes from ricocheting or thrown objects."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG8465.JPG (649.4 KB, 332 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG8454.JPG (645.2 KB, 363 views)