View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Big Hello to everybody from down under!

Pleased to meet ya Frank, I will soon show you how I modified the rear sprocket.. nothing to it really, just increased the diameter of the mounting hole in the centre of the sprocket by a bit so it would fit into the hub of the wheel. I then drilled holes into a small circular plate so it would attach where brake disc rotor should have gone. To offset the sprocket from touching the bottom bar of my frame, I used spacers between the plate and the sprocket. I will soon explain it in more detail with illustrations for anyone who is interested in this mod. I can tell you its well worth building it, no more buckles or broken spokes

G'day Norm, good to see a fellow 'gongster.. I'm originally from Randwick but grew up in the 'gong from '79 to '96 so I regard myself as a Wollongong boy.. have fun cruising up and down the cycleway along the coast! I miss the magnificent scenery One day Im gonna come down there for a ride and visit all my old buddies..There are some pretty good trails up there in the mountains too