View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default pulled studs,loose studs.

has anyone tried punching these studs and replacing them with maybe an 8 or 10 mm? is there enough metal on the casings to do this just a thought on maybe making these things a little stronger.
for sure these china bolts and studs are garbage.
just some other thoughts. have built a huffy cranbrook with a jet 80 from gas am having the same problems i hear all the time. no power or intermittent power gonna try drilling the carb and sanding the needle, i live at 7200 feet and thought that i was to rich and flooding but i now tend to think im just not getting enough fuel, also installed a honda clone also from gasbike it is on a schwinn jaguar runs good had to extend the notor mount 3 inches. another problem i have is the chain tensioners bite! the roller from tractor supply looks like the cots meow there. so out come the plastic.
and thanks to everyone, also purchased a grubee starfire 49cc just out of the box it LOOKS to be of a much higher quality than the 80cc 2 stroke, any comments on this? once again you guys are all great and thanks for the help. frank