View Single Post
UK Dealer
Default Re: A little perspective.

Originally Posted by Large Filipino View Post
The China engine made me appear much manlier to the world when I rode. People actually thought I was this awesome tinkerer of things I could pretty much tinker with anything and it would fly.
People and friends and not admittedly but you can tell family members and in laws as much as they poke fun of you at the same time have a respect for you as well.
All that from the most simplest of 2 strokes I have ever had the pleasure of owning.
Everyone knew that my engine blew a bearing and everyone around the neighborhood knew it sat around while I rode Cronus and then the Buggy Bike.
But then when MOOP2 came back to life everyone saw that I had rebuilt that simple little engine.
I get respect from engine builders and mechanics taking a smoke break at their shops they always wave me over when I pass by so they can see just what I did this time.
New car dealers be giving me this look like I'm changing customers minds about buying a new car or something.
And I don't weld and I don't have thousands of dollars in quality tools.
The China engine changed my life.
No joke.
And slowly I've been trying to improve on my rides yesterday I made a double bracket on the Buggy Bike OMG that thing will not move it is on there good.
And my wife is always asking me why I'll just sit out there staring at my bikes for hours.
And I tell her "Because these are my babies."
I and i'm sure many many others here couldn't agree more with you. And yes, they really do become special to you and give you pleasure but only because you have and are willing to dedicate the time and love required rather than the attitude of oh its not working, must be broken, in the bin with it.

This is also the trouble with our modern cars, if our old VW's, Chevy's Fords etc broke down, up went the bonnet and you had a jolly good play. If you fixed it, that car then owed its life to you and became that much more special. Now, if you don't have a laptop handy, your screwed!
For EU and UK Kits/Parts/Fully fitted bikes.
Visit us at -

'Engines Ignited By the Finest Cigar'

"Tigertooth built him a jet
When his parts come in he'll be set
The pulse was so cool
It'd make a guy drool
He'll put one on a bike now I bet....................." - Ilikeabikea

Last edited by; 03-10-2009 at 12:44 PM.