Thread: update
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Ravenshurst Ravenshurst is offline
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tucson
Posts: 52
Default update

I mounted the engine today. I have an aluminum frame w/ oversized tube, so...I got a 2.25" muffler clamp, drilled two extra holes in the bracket to mount to the engine, & replaced the studs w/ stainless bolts. I cut two notches in the bracket so the bolts would tighten down square. I had to cut the threads short on the u-bolt (REALLY short on the magneto side), slipped a peice of fuel line over the u-bolt, & stuffed another pc. of fuel line inside the channel of the bracket. I used the factory rear mount. That engine is ON THERE! Feels extremely solid. Tomorrow I will take the engine off & remount everything with locktite & double nuts. I need to make my sprocket fit, cut hte rear fender, get a dual brake lever & lights, & I think I will be on the road.

end update

Ride Safe!


Last edited by Ravenshurst; 03-09-2009 at 11:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote