View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 01:45 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Some general Questions

Originally Posted by toytime View Post
You should be able to get a replacement "tip"/baffle without having to buy the whole thing as they are held in place with on screw. I find that my gasket tends to leak that burnt oil all the time and gaskets only seem to last a short time but I do change it when I start to hear the noise of a leak. I am not saying that you should put up with a leak. I'm just saying that it's no a "biggie"...chill out for now and get the bike working and fine tune things later.
As for your chain, it's not hard at all. You have to use a thin punch that slides inside the link. Sounds like you are bending things. If you file the head off nice, it should almost "fall" out. Wait to hear what other members have to say, but I say that that chain is too loose and will get looser. It's hanging all over the place. I myself got rid of that idler crapola and slide my wheel back to adjust the chain.
Maybe I will go get a chain rivet extractor thingy from Canadian tire and just practice on some old chains lying around the house first. I can get the right out but it's getting it lined up properly to push it back in that I have the problem.