View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: the perfect motorized bike?

Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
Welcome to the forum Deft.
I have the 5.8 Morini on my bikes and I have no regrets. These motors are built to last. Yes the price is higher than a HT motor but it worth it every penny especially if you plan to use it for work. One of the bikes has a 56 tooth sprocket and it will climb up any hill but will top out at 35mph while my other one have a 47 tooth sprocket which tops out somewhere in the mid 40's. I just bought a 38 tooth sprocket from King's Sales and Service. Hopefully my bike will be able to hit the 50 mph mark and still climb hills. I recommend calling Dean @ Pipelyne. He can give you a price on a complete motor kit with the pipe, tank and brackets included. 408 279 2307
Good Luck and post pics of your bike when your done.
I bought the 9.4 hp Morini from Herdan Kickbutt Engines, excellent service. I ordered a tuned pipe, motor mounts gas tank from Pipelyne, was told it would ship out on a monday, 2 weeks later, I finally reached Dean at Pipelyne, he said it was shipping out that day, said he would call me back in 2 hrs. with atracking #,never heard from him again, a week later reached his associate, was told Dean would call me back wittin 2 hours, never heard back. I keep callingh but only get a machine. After a month of them blowing smoke up my *****, I give up. I will now fabricate my own motor mounts and order a tuned pipe from Herdan, more money, but you get what you pay for? If I had known from the start about Pipelynes poor service, I would have saved myself from a lot of aggravation,not to mention that It set this build back a month.