View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 01:54 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Hello from Florida

Welcome to the forum. The cheapest new plug and pay cruiser is the huffy Cranbrook, I like them as they have 12 gauge spokes. I grease the hubs, remove the fenders, add front and rear squeeze brakes, so i have 3 brakes for stopping, get a CNC rear 40 tooth sprocket with adapter, add a luggage rack, a led battery powered motorcycle style headlight and tail lite and Im good to go for 250 bucks and a sweet looking bike. The bikes with the built in tanks are really awesome and worth it when your done. They can be a pain in the butt finding all the components and 3 times the final cost. many choices for parts that fit will suit your wants for a build. I've built 2 of them now and love the way they look and ride. The head turns are pretty priceless on them. You can build em to look vintage like I did or totally contemporary with mag wheels and a hydraulic fork. Mine were both vintage look with 2 strokes, springer forks, white tires, third world seats, etc Good luck with what ever you decide.

Ps Watch out for any welded on racks on Huffy bikes as the can crack above or below the weld due to annealing of the metal near the weld joint like on the new panama jack bikes. They look sweet but a cracked frame is not fun or safe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (121.6 KB, 9 views)
"One pull and It's on, one snip and its off"
“Lets not get too technical”