View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 02:49 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Ultimate China Girl Engine

I have experience as a sculptor and goldsmith and the 'art' of these bikes isn't lost on me. I think I know the path that Cliff was headed down and it gets my vote of support. I did a bit of research to try to find the best pictures possible.

The first is of the 8 valve Indian I think Cliff was refering to.

The second is of the same style motor but out of the bike so you can get a better look at it.

The third is from the other side on another bike but it should still be the same style motor.

The last picture is from a 1915 Harley Davidson and while it is similar, this is the one I like the best. It is a bit shorter and wider. These are all 4 stroke motors so the head design is different then ours due to the valves but I do like how the fins radiate from the center. I have no idea how this would affect cooling though. The last motor is a bit simpler. As you can see they all have round fins around the jug. One thing I would like to see in the new motor if possible is greater area for the cooling fins. The ones on the current motors don't provide enough cooling in my opinion.

Ultimately it is up to you to decide how it looks of course but I am grateful that you are willing to hear our thoughts on the matter.

I hope I am not being too presumptuous Cliff. Please correct me if this isn't what you had in mind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 633608876497281783IMG_2571Indian.jpg (68.0 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg photo_3.jpg (40.5 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg cnsphoto-boswell-motorcycle.jpg (480.5 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg HARLEY-1915-ENGINE.jpg (65.7 KB, 188 views)

Last edited by Clotho; 03-01-2009 at 05:37 AM. Reason: spelling