totalnewb from flemingsburg kentucky
I have been interested in motorized bicycling for a long time but I never knew where to purchase reliable equipment to make it happen. I can remember seeing a front fork mounted motor in a sears catalog in the late eighty's or early ninety's. I thought it might be fun but did not want a motor on the front of my bike. I have always been obsessed with rear wheel drive. Any how I'm ready to buy my very first kit. I have at least second hand access to all the tools I need and my dad has a welder that he might not be the best at using but he loves to try.
Here's my plan:
1. buy a low cost 2 cycle kit and install on an old bike I already have
2. install, ride and most importantly learn
3. if the setup is good, sell and buy a more expensive kit for a nicer bike which I also already have
4. continue build, ride, learn and sell until I can buy a higher cost rig (more powerful engine) with jack-shaft for shifting
5. this will be installed on a mountain bike for on and off road use
The idea is to keep my total investment in the project low and upgrade by selling off my previous version. I have some bikes already so kits is what I need.
With all that said; does anyone want to recommend a decent starter 2 cycle kit?