View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 10:33 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: From CA, fist post her

I'd only seen the V-plex clutch on an engine--had no idea they even made a torque converter. My old low rider mini bike was a 2-3 hp 2 stroke Power Products, rescued off a lawn mower that had been turned into a local metal recycler. That old clutch and the new clutch being shipped to me are both for 5/8" engine shaft. I did run across an online copy of a 2007 motorcycle magazine that had a reprint of an article from a much older Popular Mechanics article, that seemed to show the process of attaching a 20" bike rim as a sheave to a 26 inch motor bike. The article was barely readable and was in a PDF format, so I could not print it. Online ordering of reprint of magazine was supposedly available, but link took me to a domain that was unavailable and offered for sale. Close but no cigar on that effort. I was just trying to find some more distinct details on making these z straps, instead of the time involved in "trial and error" to make these. Thanks everyone for making suggestions. It's taken me several years to find the NOS V-plex clutch, and I'd like to make it part of my bike, street legal in CA with 49cc.