View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 10:40 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Doing my first build. HOLY COW!

My friend Scotty got his last motor from them. He is not at all happy. Took twice the quoted shipping time, arrived with a dead CDI, which they refused to replace and after 1000 miles, he's begging me to tinker with it because he has no power. He HAS to pedal assist up hills I crest at 25. The motor has good compression, runs great, just no guts. I was refraining from posting on bike berry motors until I had been or seen inside one. I'll have the chance to look over the top end soon.

In case you didn't catch it the first time, DAX!!!! You'll find a link on the right hand margin of this page, second sponsor from the top, the little picture of a two stroke kit on a blueish background. The support for that company from it's customers, is overwhelming. Pretty much everyone with a Dax motor is a happy camper. I had an SD Stinger shipped to my door for $220, some 3,000 miles ago. I can't say it's a bad one, but it could be better.

Start with a good motor, upgrading a pile of junk is well, dumb. That's why my new pipe and a few other goodies are on the way, and Scotty is getting a new motor from Dax...