View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 09:56 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

I have a really good set, and a "junk" set, both are much better files. Regardless, job is done, bike runs better than ever, so I'm satisfied. Now I know for the future. This time, it was either buy a set or ride 50 miles for what I had, next time, I'll take the ride. Trash tools being what they are, I thought I'd warn my fellow customers, as I know many of us shop at ace quite a bit.

Hoping to place my order with Dax tomorrow afternoon, for the expansion chamber, and possibly other goodies if my budget allows. As money comes in, ill be starting a second build, thus, Tanglebones, with all his miles, becomes the test bed. The cylinder looks pretty good, and I'm happy with my port work. I believe the upper con rod bearing is going, but that's just a guess from the upper end noise. I know these ChinaGirls make a lot of racket, but this intermittent disturbance in the force sounds like a bearing. I didn't have the courage to pull the piston off, as I don't have another bearing on hand, Dax has them so no biggie there. I'm putting serious thought into notching the piston skirt at the intake port. Any thoughts on that?