Thread: West of Chicago
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 09:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Thumbs up Re: West of Chicago. A.B.A.T.E. allies?!?

That's exactly what I had in mind blugoatwoods! They are like all of us-we love being on 2 wheels with the wind in our face! I have not had a chance to contact their legislative coordinator yet. My life is upside down right now. The only problem I could see with this is the idiots who give us a bad name because they have no regard for others we share the road with may have pxxxed off some of these guys. Please, understand ABATE has fought long and hard to promote safety and education-EDUCATE DON'T LEGISLATE, and have built up political and public trust over many years. I was a DuKane chapter member for about 10 years, and the toy & food run really showed people that we gave a damn, this year will be the 30th year anniversary of the DuKane ABATE toy & food run! (I will post this in events in the future) In my humble opinion, It would really be awsome to see motored bicycles involved. This whole run is like a parade thru a town or two! I'm sure people would love it!

I think we need to police ourselves as far as those that give us a bad name, and get these guys inline or get 'em off the road. WOOF!