Thread: West of Chicago
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 09:10 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Exclamation Re: West of Chicago

Thanx for quick reply, bluegoatwoods! Something about me- I have been a cop magnet & harrassed by police my whole life! I drove a '66' cadillac hearse in high school, and one nite we got pulled over in 4 adjacent towns! It seems to me that the law in Illinois needs to be challenged and clearly defined. Since I'm one of those guys devoid of drivers license here in IL, I must tread lightly at this time. I am going to contact Roselle P.D. to find out about ordinance (bb guns are outlawed here, even adults?) I am a former A.B.A.T.E. of IL member, so I plan to contact them. By the way, abate is NOT just harley riders, ALL makes and riders are welcome. I can' t tell you how much good legislation has has been passed in behalf of 2,3 wheelers, even quads- we've been fighting for a motor park open to the public for over 15? years. NOT against helmets, but the RIGHT to choose as an adult! I was a member for 10 years, some awesome people in their membership! Apparently some guys have pissed off Abate due to their disregard for others on the road. Just a few screw it up for all. Abate has also fought for motorcycle safety courses, which were cancelled here in IL but we now have back! I strongly urge all who to take these courses! They are excellent for novice to experienced riders! Ok enough- had to get this off my chest! I will be posting in legislative/law forum. Thanks to all for letting me vent! This is a great forum!