View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 01:13 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: What a great forum

Hey oldcliff,

Yeah, I'm working on a new drive wheel mod made from a skateboard wheel now. I may get
a bit more top end out of it when the season comes. I'm up an running now.

Time was in Ohio the state produced a "Blue Highways" motorcycle roads magazine about the
size of a comic book with maps of the state's best scenic secondary roads for bikers to ride.
The one closest to me is the road between Zanesville to Marietta along the Muskingum River.
In the summer it's one beautiful place thru there. (Google, Ohio's Muskingum River, and look at Wikipedia review of it) In Marietta there is the Ohio River Museum if you take that ride from
Zanesville to Marietta. You can take the tour of the W. P. Schnider which is a sternwheeler
that they give tours thru. Another sternwheeler there is the Becky Thatcher which is now a
theater boat. (I think Becky Thatcher was the girl Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn were sweet on
in Twains stories)

I don't think Ohio offers that publication any more and mine is packed away somewhere. I got it when
I was first riding as a teen. Ohio had this "Dial 1 800 Buckeye" campaign to promote tourism
back in those days. Folks used to just take that Bikers Blue Highways magazines and go for
Sunday drives in the car to see the lovely scenery. (blue highways, if you don't know, are the
secondary roads on a map)

I'm glad you came aboard here. This is one of the best places on the net. It could sure set
the bar for the rest IMO.