View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 09:14 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Rusty Shackleford

Well, I think the name Rusty Shackleford is dead. I'm probably going to make it battleship South Carolina BB-26. The shackleford thing wouldn't fit well since it was a "King of the Hill" reference. I have some ideas about what to do now!

I made some good progress finally. Still slow, but I don't have much time now that I'm working 15-16 hours a day, 6 days a week. It's only for a few more weeks, though.

I worked through a lot of little stupid issues, so a lot of the tinkering is done. I still need to make a tensioner. I would like to be able to not have one, but the way the foundation plate is, it would be near impossible. So I plan on using one of the seat/chain stay span adjusters. But not buy one, no. I'm going to build it. I also need to weld on another rear clamp bracket. It needs to go underneath the foundation plate. Otherwise, i I'll end up grinding it away with the chain.

I also will be welding the outer sprocket to the shaft. Not sure if the nuts on either side of the driven (inner) sprocket will be enough to hold the power, but if not I'll see about keying it on.

Pretty wide...

Never stop wrenching

Last edited by Agreen; 04-24-2016 at 09:27 PM.