View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 02:49 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Would anyone but me buy a smaller still China Girl?

The Traveller ran into a host of problems putting it together- the clearances were tight but it looked as if I could get the chain to clear the stays- I'd opted to try for a 1/8" 410 chain and a narrow front motor sprocket- it looked aligned but still threw the 410 off the first few meters. I went to switch back to 415 kit chain and lost the woodruff key. Buy the time I got another, I'd found the orange huffy frame. The other big factor was that the teardrop tank was totally in the way of my knees pedaling- they didn't have the small one liter plastic tanks then which would be my choice mounted on an alloy rear rack.
The poo poo pipe wouldn't have had good clearance either and I used it on my 66 build for awhile- quiet.
So anyway, I sold the Traveler without a motor and regretted it later- I'd gotten it incredibly cheap 10 or 20 dollars from a junk guy- and it renovated nicely, but I had to leave the flood property with the FEMA buyout and had little room- had to sell the 88 Festiva too- Ouch- but got another 91 later on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg traveller BEFORE.jpg (289.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg voyager painted.jpg (242.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg traveller after.jpg (337.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 91 festiva.jpg (417.4 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Nashville Kat; 04-21-2016 at 03:13 AM.