View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 07:48 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Any day I get to tinker with the bike is a good day. Had to swap out a broken spoke (good thing I keep spares). It probably happened when I ran over that dead branch during the last ride. Saw it too late to stop and it was too long to swerve around. I thought everything was fine. This is what I get for not checking all 72 spokes.
So I had the wheel off and the tire off, trued the wheel up while I was at it - not that it was far off anyway. Then I put her all back together and futzed with it until the wheel and chains were how I like them. Finally I went out for a brief local cruise.
My motorbike has been like a sign of Spring; people wave as I go by now, give me thumbs-up; one guy even took my picture.
I didn't see the other MBer around today. He's new, but he has skills and seems cautious and attentive about assembly if the manner of his bike build is any indication. He has a basic, diamond-frame mountain bike - I think it was a Trek but I'll have to see it again. No suspension, decently bright lights, 2-stroke HT with NT, I saw he upgraded the fuel line and the air cleaner, and engine is solid-mounted to the frame. I have to wonder if he balanced it too, because it hums real smooth - kinda like mine. He's off to a good start for a first timer. I plan to look out for him so I can talk to him longer than last time. I didn't even ask his name last time; mostly chatted and looked at his bike.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"