View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 03:13 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Hey all from NW Arkansas in the Ozarks ... This is going to be fun!

Welcome to the forum. Wal-Mart also has the 99.00 buck Huffy Cranbrook that's ls pretty plug and play and looks pretty nice. My son and a friend just built one in a couple of easy eves he has exactly 203.00 bucks into it total. He will add a front squeeze brake is all. For the Cranbrook you need to make sure the gas tank comes with the angled bung on the gas tank to clear the double bottom bars with the fuel petcock installed, theirs had it and so they lucked out. I do have a link of where they bought their kits and was impressed with all the components that came with it and that it had the special angled fuel bung and also included the extra engine front clamp for the wider front bar. It was like it was made for the Cranbrook. All you have to alter is the grind down one welded on lower washer used for the lower water bottle bolts. There are vids on you tube specifically for motorizing this bike. The sprocket also has to be installed dish side out for clearance and or chain alignment. Just Remove or reinforce the fenders for safety and watch the welds. The Panama is known to crack at the rear seat stays were the luggage rack is welded as the metal gets softened near the weld. I was amazed that they have so little money invested in what looks like a fairly solid bike for the money with 12 gauge spokes and a 50s style. It has orange stripe tires and seat with silver blue paint. I am planning on building one also before summer, what can one get for 200 bucks besides a half a cart of food at the grocery store.
Here is a pict of his build before the final chain was installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cranny.JPG (147.4 KB, 25 views)
"One pull and It's on, one snip and its off"
“Lets not get too technical”