Thread: Motor problems
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 09:30 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Motor problems

One thing I can see straight off is that drive sprocket you have is way too small. I'm guessing maybe it has 20 teeth on it? I don't think you will be able to start it easily and even if you do the engine will be turning so slowly it will bog down and die before you can get up to speed. It looks like a new engine that you have just installed so your kit should have come with a larger sprocket that has probably 44 teeth. To give you an idea I don't think any vendors sell any sprocket smaller than 30 teeth and I have not heard of anyone using anything smaller than that.

It would be a good idea for you to do a lot of reading through the tutorials here and get familiar with the terms and names for different parts and that will help you have a better understanding of how it all works and how it goes together. It will also help you describe what problems you are facing so you can get some answers.
Just a chimp with a gun and an idea we should be free to ride our machines without gettin hassled by the Man.