View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 11:24 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: My electric start full suspension predator 212 build

So it seems you have 2 builds going at the same time. Gf I'm not familiar with.... I don't think you meant HF Harbor Freight.

My offroad is a BS. If I had the choice to start a build retro active it would have probably been a new engine. Nope this is a 70-80's era Briggs and Stratton 3hp. It slips on the v-belt if to steep a hill or after going through a deep enough puddle or stream. But I'm having fun with it.

In any case the HF 212 if I see what they sell for CARB compliant CA model and it still sells for around 100 dollars, I'd not worry about about getting parts by having to order online. I've always pulled from trash and fixed up thrown away or flea market bargains.

I was once interviewed for a job and tested on an auto start generator. There are some things that also were integrated into the unit that controlled the choke and wait times between attempts to start if so many seconds had passed while cranking. As you see this was for an unattended startup for back up power. I don't think you would want that, but hey maybe you'll think other wise and get a key fob and start it up while sipping hot chocolate inside when temps are freezing

Last edited by MEASURE TWICE; 12-08-2015 at 11:27 PM.