I swapped my crank for one that is an inch shorter. This'll give me the space I need to add "Vespa" style splash guards. But that's a project for another day. I'd better get cracking, though. Winter's coming pretty soon.
Then I added some weight to my front wheel by threading a chain through the spokes.
What I'm trying to do here is increase the gyroscope effect of the wheel. It was getting dark and rainy. So I only got in one short test ride.
But the results seemed promising. I jiggled the handlebars a bit and my front end did seem to feel more weighty, or massive, than it had.
I'll know more about the success when I've been able to ride a bit more.